If you are looking into bitcoin there is a lot to learn just starting out. At the bottom of this page is a video showing how to buy and send bitcoin from coinbase to a hardware wallet.
The first thing you need to understand is you need a wallet to hold your bitcoin. If you signed up at Coinbase then you don't have to worry unless you want to take custody of your bitcoin. Coinbase is a crypto exchange. Requiring KYC to make an account. Most platforms will require some sort of KYC to purchase bitcoin just like any financial institution in the US.
At Coinbase you can purchase, hold, transfer and trade bitcoin and other cryptos. Check them out here COINBASE
If you are looking to just have your own bitcoin wallet to receive and send bitcoin then there are many good wallets available. Below are just a few that we have used and are good wallets.
BITCOIN WALLETS Buy bitcoin within wallets
- SoFi: For Beginners
- Edge: Mobile iOS
- Trust Wallet: Mobile iOS and Android
Bitcoin with Lightning Wallets Can not buy bitcoin inside wallets, self custody wallets
- Muun Wallet - iOS and Android ( Recommend )
- Phoenix Wallet - iOS and Android
- Blue Wallet - iOS and Android ( Recommend )
- Exodus: Desktop and Mobile
If you happen to install the Edge Wallet you have access to a few providers that allow you to purchase bitcoin and other cryptos. One of those is Moonpay. Make sure you have already installed a free wallet so you can provide the Bitcoin (BTC) address to have your newly bought bitcoin sent to.
You can also search for a local bitcoin ATM around your location with LibertyX. You can drive to a bitcoin ATM and purchase bitcoin. Also make sure you have a free bitcoin wallet ahead of time.
Below are a few places were you can buy bitcoin
- Moonpay: buy with apple pay and credit cards
- LibertyX: bitcoin atms and p2p
- Changelly: buy with credit cards
- Simplex: buy with credit cards
- Coinbase: buy with ACH and debit cards
- Paybis: buy with credit cards
- Coinmama: Best for Quick and Easy Transactions
- Paxful: buy with gift cards, apple pay, paypal, debit cards and more.
- Ramp: but with credit cards and apple pay
- CoinME: Buy and Sell Bitcoin at coinstar locations !
Another payment option is the Strike App which you can fund your strike account with a bank account and then send to other strike users. Send $100 with only an email and phone number. Get verified and send even more.
Strike uses the lightning network behind the scenes to each user using the app but also you can send using a bitcoin lightning invoice to a merchant that takes lightning payments. Strike is like a google pay but built on Bitcoin tech, we recommend Strike.
Coingate has a great step by step to purchase bitcoin with a debit card or credit card. If you are brand new and all this is very confusing they might be the best option for you.
What ever option you choose once you have bitcoin (BTC) in your wallet you can then pay with bitcoin in checkout with TKS.
We offer a 10% discount for paying with bitcoin. Once You select bitcoin and hit the "Place Order" button you will be shown an invoice were you can either scan the QR code or copy and paste our bitcoin address into your send feature in your bitcoin wallet. Once the transaction is sent your invoice will be complete.
Here are some Bitcoin, Ethereum and other Crypto Wallets. Check them out.
Other Mobile Crypto Wallets
- AlphaWallet - No nonsense ethereum wallet with native dapp support
- Ambo - A Mobile Ethereum wallet targeted for the mainstream audience.
- Argent - No transaction fee wallet
- Atomic Wallet - a new multiple currency Android and iOS wallet that allows you to manage Bitcoin, Ethereum, XRP and over 300 coins and tokens easily.
- Coinomi - Multicurrency wallet
- Coinbase Wallet
- Eidoo - Multicurrency and Multiplatform wallet with a DEX and a DeFI gateway
- Gnosis Safe Mobile - A companion app for Gnosis Safe Multisig
- imToken - Feature-rich digital asset mobile wallet enabling multi-chain asset management, DApp browsing and secure, private exchange of value.
- MetaMask Mobile - A crypto wallet & gateway to blockchain apps.
- MEW wallet - A mobile wallet built by the MyEtherWallet team.
- Rainbow - A better home for your Ethereum assets
- Status - A free open-source, mobile OS for Ethereum
- Trust - Mobile wallet for ERC tokens and NFT's, Solana and many cryptos
- WallETH - Native Android Ethereum Wallet.
Desktop Crypto Wallets
- MyCrypto - Open-source, client-side toolfor generating Ethereum wallets, handling ERC-20 tokens, and interacting with the blockchain easily.
- Gnosis Safe Desktop - Desktop app for accessing Gnosis Safe Multisig.
- Atomic Wallet - Desktop and mobile wallet that allows you to buy, manage and exchange Bitcoin, Ethereum, XRP and over 300 coins and tokens in one secure interface.
- Eidoo - Multicurrency and Multiplatform (Windows, Mac, Linux, Andorid, iOs) wallet with a DEX and a DeFI gateway.
- Exodus - Closed-source wallet that allows for multi-currency interaction/transacting (requires you to be online to generate transactions).
- Tokenary - a macOS Ethereum and ERC-20 tokens wallet and Safari extension that lets you store your assets and interact with DApps.
- WASABI - open-source, non-custodial, privacy-focused Bitcoin wallet for Desktop, that implements trustless CoinJoin. ( THE BEST PRIVACY FOCUSED WALLET FOR BITCOIN!, SOME TECH SKILLS REQUIRED) please note you can not buy bitcoin on wasabi you just transfer, hold or send.
Hardware Wallets ( Most secure for long term cold storage )
- Ledger - Support for multiple cryptocurrencies and tokens
- Lattice1 - Use your Lattice1 as a traditional hardware wallet, set up permissions for spending on the go, or allow recurring payments for subscription services.
- Trezor - The original hardware wallet
- KeepKey - The simple hardware wallet
- BitBox - BitBox02 is Swiss engineered minimalist hardware wallet
- CoolBix X - Coolwallet is a credit card size hardware wallet you can fit in your wallet.
- Foundation Wallet - Airgapped, many features.
In Summery our Top Recommendations for buying and sending Bitcoin for NEW customers are:
For a more google pay / cash app type experience using a 3rd party payment app we recommend
For the ultimate in Bitcoin Privacy we recommend
Nunchuk- ( Can do MultiSig Transactions, Air Gapped devices like SeedSigner or a Coinkite device )
Samourai Wallet - Android only
BLUE Wallet - Can use PayJoin when sending
For the most secure long term storage of your Bitcoin we recommend
A very common practice to own and secure your Bitcoin would be to purchase on Coinbase. Say you want to invest and hold Bitcoin for the long haul in hopes of it's price increasing in the future then you would send some Bitcoin to a Hardware Wallet like a Ledger.
If you wanted to have some Bitcoin to spend online and it is more for the short term then you could either leave it on Coinbase or even better send it to another Wallet on your Mobile device like the BLUE Wallet or Muun Wallet.
If you have a Lightning Node and would like to open a channel with us go HERE
To send us a Bitcoin payment manually you can always use our Bitcoin Payment button HERE , NOTE when placing an order in checkout you will be sent to an invoice automatically.
Below is a video showing how to buy bitcoin on Coinbase and send it to your own wallet like a Ledger Hardware wallet.
How do I see how much to pay on the Bitcoin Invoice? How to pay with Lightning?
The bitcoin invoice expired before I could send
My bitcoin address is not working
Please sign in to leave a comment.